About SASH (Safe and Sound Homes)
SASH is a registered charity providing accommodation for homeless young people aged 16-25 in the homes of its volunteer hosts. The charity has operated since 1994 and currently provides emergency Nightstop and longer-term Supported Lodgings accommodation covering the North of England and particularly York, North Yorkshire and East Yorkshire. More recently we have developed a programme of activities to build the life skills and confidence of young people using these services, called SASH Active.
SASH has grown in size and delivers its services on behalf of different clients (local authorities, lottery funders) and is supported by independent trusts and foundations. We generate an enviable amount of local goodwill and receive generous contributions of money and time from businesses, individuals and volunteers.
About the role
We are now seeking an inspirational Chief Executive who can effectively communicate the difference our holistic approach makes to the young people who access our services. Based in York, but working across North and East Yorkshire, you will take us to the next stage of our development and be able to demonstrate:
· strategic and adaptive leadership
· management skills, from people and budgets, to service delivery and support to the board of Trustees
· knowledge and understanding of the issues that young people face and an ability to engage with them
· ability to build and maintain partnerships and relationships
· confident communicator, able to flex your style – whether listening to young people, or raising the profile of SASH in the area
This is advertised as a full time position – flexible working may be considered. If you would like to have an informal discussion about any aspect of the role prior to the deadline, please refer to the contact details in the candidate brief.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.