The job of a Save the Children’s UK CRM Business Programme Director is exciting and challenging.
- Do you have proven experience of successfully delivering large and complex scale CRM marketing?
- Are you passionate about developing and delivering transformation projects?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn’t just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting to the Director of Supporter Data & Operations, the CRM Programme Business Lead is responsible for leading the successful implementation and delivery of a large-scale CRM programme – a new CRM and customer data management systems – which spans all channels and supporter touchpoints.
The CRM Programme Business Lead will play a significant role in championing our supporter engagement transformation programme to deliver increased supporter engagement, minimise churn and drive growth.
Key duties will include shaping the supporter engagement and supporter data strategy for the organisation and ensure alignment to the overall vision, working with the wider Fundraising & Marketing leadership team to enable the supporter journey, driving the continued adoption of our supporter centric and data driven marketing approach to maximise growth and engagement and evaluating performance against agreed KPIs.
This project is part of an overall organisational CRM change strategy that will drive delivery excellence and agility in our delivery approach as well as transforming the digital experience for our supporters.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The role holder will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
The CRM Programme Business Lead will lead on the strategy and solution delivery for this programme. Key duties will focus on:
Leadership and Strategy
- Developing the Supporter CRM roadmap strategy and solution delivery. Defining the CRM requirements that will improve supporter engagement and increase the supporter lifecycle
- Providing clarity around priorities and goals of programme and communicating the shared vision for the programme objectives. Ensuring these are translated into working practice
- Identifying and owning organisational risk and monitoring the progress of the programme in line with the organisational vision
- Ensuring collaboration across stakeholder business areas within the scope of the programme
- Leading the organisation of necessary communication or training activities to the ensure that the programme benefits are maximised
- Managing the transition into a live service
- Acting as the role model and subject matter expert in the agile programme management approach. Empowering the business roles within the Programme Working Group, to appropriate levels, within their responsibilities
- Leading, coaching and guiding other in every aspect of the programme and ensuring key team members fully understand their tasks and act on them efficiently
- Owning the wider implications of any business change from an organisational perspective
- Communicating and promoting the organisational vision to all interested and/or impacted parties
Supporter Data & Insights
- Owning the customer data roadmap and consistently driving data interrogation to identify clear supporter opportunities
- Leading on the data collection on supporter insights
- Ensuring consistency in data-driven decision making and strategy formulation within the CRM team, campaigns and programs
- Leading on improvements in the data frameworks to allow for a ‘test and learn’ approach to challenge our existing activity, identify and recommend changes, and drive on-going performance improvement
- Using supporter insight and business data to create triggers in supporter lifecycles to drive engagement
Increasing Supporter Engagement & Retention
- Improving the understanding of the supporter and Leading on the supporter engagement strategy
- Ensuring business resources are available to the programme as needed
- Establishing the framework for use of internal and external providers and determining their use across the CRM programme
- Successful track record of shaping and leading teams to successfully deliver large scale CRM marketing projects
- Proven experience of successfully leading the development and implementation of a complex CRM marketing programmes (including customer acquisition, segmentation, engagement, campaigns management)
- Experience measuring, monitoring and tracking KPIs for CRM performance
- Extensive experience working with and deploying Software as a Service based (SAAS) CRM or transactional applications (e.g. Microsoft Dynamics or SalesForce)
- Management experience of Agile teams in a matrix environment
- Experience of operating at a senior level (e.g. reporting to Programme or Executive Boards)
- Experience of managing multi-partner and vendor projects
- An established leader with personal gravitas and ability to network with and influence (internal and external) individuals at all levels to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to vary communication styles to suit both technical and non-technical individuals and a mix of personalities
- A proven team player. Open and who is able and willing to deliver beyond their personal brief
- Highly detailed organisational awareness an ability to understand sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure
- Strong leadership skills along with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside of their reporting line
- A strategic thinker who is able prioritise and balance a busy workload
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.