Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Account Manager to lead some of our newer thematic programme partnerships and support other strategic institutional partnerships.
The Partnership Development team is at the heart of Save the Children's future. Comprised of partnership experts across a portfolio of institutional partners, we support Save the Children's ambitious vision for 2030 to ensure every last child grows up healthy, educated and protected. We aim to deliver influence, income and reputational value to support organisational priorities as well as securing wider transformational value through strategic long-term partnerships on a national and global scale.
We are looking for a motivated Account Manager with strategic skills in partnership management and experience working with a range of institutional donors. This is an exciting opportunity to manage unique strategic partnerships for Save the Children UK and the whole Save the Children movement and deliver wider value for our organisation and partners.
You will be responsible for managing and supporting partnership strategies for thematic partners that Save the Children works with, leveraging our other global relationships with institutional partners and foundations. You will join an ambitious team that is working to achieve a significant impact for children's lives across the globe.
Reporting into the Thematic Funds Partnership Manager, this exciting opportunity will see you:
- Lead some of our new thematic programme partnerships and support others, leveraging our other global relationships with institutional partners and foundations.
- The role will particularly focus on specialised new partners such as the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI) and the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) which SCUK leads on behalf of the movement.
- Influence a complex network of internal and external stakeholders to optimise our engagement with key institutional partners, both on shared strategic interests and in pursuit of specific partnership opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of the wider partnership strategic agenda, lead on cross team projects and deputise for Partnership Managers, as required
The ideal candidate knows the sector well, is self-driven and has problem solving skills and creative thinking. They are a team player and have strong coordination and relationship building skills.
They have a strong network in the sector and will be able to quickly establish their own network within Save the Children - both at SCUK and throughout the movement - and know when to bring in which stakeholder to make sure we're making the most of our opportunities. They will be attentive to detail and have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
They will be able to work independently and flexibly, able to re-prioritise workload when urgent things come in but still be able to achieve longer-term objectives.
In addition, you will have:
- Strategic skills in partnership management and market assessment in relation to overall positioning with partners.
- Knowledge of and experience working directly with a wide range of institutional donor partners.
- Experience, interest and knowledge of current thinking and future trends and thorough understanding of international development issues.
- Proven experience of providing creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives that contribute towards partnership objectives.
- Strong leadership behaviours, including external orientation, situational agility, partner focus, delivery of results, strategic vision and purpose, entrepreneurial approach, negotiating & influencing.
- Experience in relationship management, working with institutional donors, trusts and foundations, or equally demanding partners.
- Experience of undertaking industry trend and donor specific research, finding relevant, reliable, and up to date information quickly.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.