The job of a Save the Children's UK BI Developer is busy and complex.
- Are you passionate about providing high quality data solutions?
- Are you driven to help organisations understand the value good quality data?
- Do you have strong stakeholder management and communication skills?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you.
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
The BI Developer will be responsible will be responsible for the design, build, test and delivery of reporting and developments, in accordance with agreed development plans. You will play a key role in the support of the system, working with the CRM Team and Information Systems (IS) Team to ensure that the availability and integrity of the data and system is maximized.
The BI Developer will be able to read and interpreting what the business is saying to proactively identify potential issues and problems, you will develop, build and maintain all aspects of the BI and Data platform. You will also be responsible for data definitions, source system identification and connectivity, and performing data variation, whilst working with end users to define business requirements and needs.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The Senior Media Manager will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
Key duties will include:
- Partnering with multiple departments to help drive data driven ways of working, using query tools to transform data into useful insights as well as creating data visualisations and interactive dashboards to service requests from across the organisation
- Creating Dimensional Data model from new requirements and develop a multidimensional cube using SSAS
- Considering how to increase connectivity between systems, building automated workflows and data checks to constantly improve the smooth running of the processes, data integrity and accurate reporting, working closely with the BI team
- Ensuring a globally robust and highly scalable approach to development, supporting our growing number of global users and services
- Working with other developers across the entire technology real estate
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies to ensure Save the Children UK stays ahead of the game and can provide suitable solutions for the business requirements
- Experience in working with the Cisco Information Server CIS or any data virtualisation platform
- Significant MS SQL experience and Data Modelling experience
- Experience in database management/marketing with a strong understanding of the use of data and systems in online marketing campaigns
- Significant MS SSAS and MS SSIS experience
- The ability to understand, interpret and challenge business requirements and translate these into a developed solution
- Experience solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to understand, interpret and challenge organisation requirements and translate these into a developed solution
- Ability to understand customer requirements and deliver applicable solutions
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.