Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Business Architect and you will be responsible for shaping the architecture to address complex and diverse business challenges.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Business Architect you will support the Head of Business Analysis and Architecture to review project proposals to assess and advise on the broad alignment with business architecture. You will promote innovation, and spot opportunities to apply technology in our organisation for solving business problems that may include process improvement, systems enhancement, user training, and/or software procurement. In addition you will:
• Develop a broad and deep understanding of all of Save the Children’s activities and stakeholders
• Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organisation, including roadmaps showing how the architecture will change to remain aligned with business needs
• Assist the Technology team to effectively embed architectural best practice across the solution delivery lifecycle
• In conjunction with Head of Business Analysis and Architecture, provide guidance to the Technology SLT on the risks and impacts of projects, to aid in the prioritisation and management of the technology project portfolio.
To be successful you will have a good degree in a relevant field or significant experience acting as a Business Architect or Business Analyst at a senior level as well as knowledge of Service Management and ideally ITIL v4. As well as a proven background in business architecture with the ability to apply this knowledge to complex business problems, you should also have excellent communication skills including the ability to listen, adapt and respond quickly to the business. In addition you will have:
• Experience of supporting multiple projects at a time with competing priorities and challenges
• A working knowledge of project management methodologies (including Agile experience)
• High levels of enthusiasm and self-motivation: a “can-do” attitude to deal with unexpected situations, take advantage of opportunities and overcome problems
• Experience in supporting key stakeholders in making business change decisions enabled by technology
• Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 10th September 2020