11 month fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Business Development Manager, playing a key role in our Business Development team and working closely with SC country office teams in West and Central Africa and Asia to identify, grow and manage our partnerships with major institutional donors and trusts.
Our Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Business Development Manager you will identify, develop and win bids from major institutional donors and trusts and foundations that act like institutions, which will enable Save the Children UK to resource its global strategies by securing programmes which deliver impact at scale for children. Working in close collaboration with the SCI country offices and SCUK technical teams, you will also:
- Help identify potential funding opportunities in priority countries which are in line with SCUK and country strategic plans and thematic priorities.
- Lead the identification of suitable consortium partners, negotiating business and management arrangements with them and drafting content for teaming agreements, and consortium agreements, in coordination with the SCUK Legal Team.
- Lead the production of high quality and fully complaint standard selection questionnaires/expressions of interest and technical and commercial proposals, ensuring they are submitted to donors on time.
- Carry out writing assignments on bids.
- On successful bids, lead and coordinate a contract mobilisation meeting with relevant staff.
To be successful you will have experience of coordinating, writing and securing large and/or complex tenders or grants, preferably for DFID, ECHO, EuropeAid or other major bilateral or multi-lateral donors. Experience of negotiating business and management arrangements for bids with partner organisations is also essential, as is excellent written and verbal communication skills, with French proficiency highly desirable. In addition, you will have:
- Experience in budget building and ensuring compliance with an organisation’s internal finance policies (£1m+) and client requirements.
- Knowledge of key technical areas, relevant to SC UK’s work such as health, education, child protection, gender, livelihoods or resilience.
- Familiarity with donor bidding and management processes.
- Awareness of the principles of value for money in programme planning.
- Impeccable organisational skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 25th February 2020