Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the permanent Campaigns and Advocacy Manager. This is a demanding role that requires strong skills in advocacy strategy and execution, excellent communication, an ability to work in a networked structure, effective management of competing priorities and an ability to seize opportunities
The Campaigns and Advocacy Manager should expect to be deployed outside of his/her location for up to 20% of the time.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An ability to think strategically, to analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and high-impact solutions
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Proven track record of policy influencing at national or international level
- Proven ability to build networks with diverse partners in pursuit of common goals
- Proven ability to improve the performance of others in effective advocacy techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to distil large amounts of information for a variety of audiences
- Experience of a complex organisational structure, preferably in a global context
- Good knowledge of child rights with knowledge on the SDGs, gender transformative policy development, climate change advocacy an advantage
- Commitment to Save the Children's vision, mission, values and approach, including child safeguarding
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.