Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as the Chief Financial Officer, reporting to the CEO and working closely with the other Executive Directors, you will be responsible for ensuring that SCUK has a forward-looking financial business model, a budget which aligns resources to strategy, effective finance business partnering for programming and fundraising activities, and strong systems for financial management and control.
In Support Services we provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don't rest until the work is done.
As Chief Financial Officer you will provide effective leadership to the finance team and drive increased staff engagement through effective communications and strong line management. You will develop and implement a forward-looking financial strategy that addresses the changing constraints and opportunities within the sector, aligns resources to our organisational strategy, and optimises the allocation of resources for maximum impact. You will also be responsible for managing SCUK’s financial relationships with the wider Save the Children movement. In addition you will:
• Ensure effective financial management and control, including through strong systems of budgeting, forecasting, control and reporting; and effective Treasury and finance operations functions
• Ensure effective financial reporting
• Ensure strong financial business partnering – using clearly communicated financial information, and strong commercial and impact analysis to support good decision making
• Drive progress towards a more efficient organisational operating model, working closely with the Executive Director of Transformation to develop and deliver key initiatives, and plan the changes needed to meet budgetary and headcount targets.
• Support the Board of Trustees to provide effective supervision of financial management
To be successful you will be a qualified accountant, or equivalent, with substantial senior level financial experience in a major organisation – covering budgeting and forecasting, reporting, financial control and business partnering. With strong influencing skills, you should have the ability to provide effective leadership through vision, engagement and accountable delivery. In addition you will have:
• Substantial senior level management experience in a complex organisation.
• A proven ability to work confidently and competently at Executive Director and Board level, with experience in communicating to and influencing senior leaders.
• The ability to be an excellent team player and team builder, who nurtures, develops and unleashes the full potential of peers and reports behind inspirational goals.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to use numbers to paint pictures and tell stories that drive action.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do
everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 4th October 2020