Homebased with Travel across London where required
The job of a Save the Children's UK Community Fundraising & Engagement Manager is busy and varied.
- Do you have a strong track record of corporate new business development and securing new partnerships?
- Would you love to work in a role where you are managing relationships and striving to get the best out of them?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Community Fundraising Regional Manager, the Community Fundraising & Engagement Manager will be responsible for maximising regional donations and corporate financial contribution through effective and driven new business generation, as well as volunteer and account management. As part of a passionate and successful community fundraising team based all around the country, you will be homebased and will travel in London so this role would be ideal for someone based in London or with very easy access.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The role holder will visibly lead our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
The Community Fundraising & Engagement Manager will be responsible for maximising regional donations and corporate financial contribution. Key duties include:
- Driving growth in our key income streams regional corporates, ‘in aid of' fundraising individuals and fundraising groups by providing excellent relationship management and acquisition
- Working closely with the regional corporate team to grow the regional corporate pipeline in London and discuss support needs for opportunities where relevant
- Supporting the development and delivery of acquisition, stewardship and product strategies to maximise the funding stream's impact on income and brand engagement
- Responsible for updating and managing a pipeline of opportunities across all income streams
- Contributing to departmental income reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience of corporate new business and track-record of securing significant new partnerships
- Experience of managing corporate and individual relationships & delivering exceptional supporter or customer experience
- Experiencing of managing volunteer fundraising groups
- Experience of working with databases and pipelines
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly with colleagues, and to interact effectively with staff at all levels and across all departments
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects and their competing demands
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK's aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.