Fixed Term 12 Month Contract
If you are keen to use your expert data knowledge to ensure that data imports and marketing selections deliver optimised return on investment, and are keen to develop your knowledge of tools such as Adobe Campaign Manager, Oracle SQL, Care, Talend, and FastStats, this Data Planning Executive role with Save the Children could be the perfect fit.
Save the Children works in 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Our fundraising operation generates over £100 million annually for children and our marketing reaches millions of UK households to mobilise support for our cause.
We have extremely ambitious growth targets and fundamental to this is our use of data throughout the organisation to help us deliver a best in class experience for supporters, utilising market-leading technologies, incorporating exciting new digital datasets, and all framed within a suite of ground-breaking CRM strategies.
About the role
The main purpose of this role is to provide data planning expertise to the many direct marketing teams throughout the organisation. You will:
- Use your expert data knowledge to ensure that marketing selections deliver optimised return on investment
- Write logical queries to provide data in support of all fundraising activity using Adobe Campaign Manager, Oracle SQL and FastStats.
- Be involved in designing and delivering supporter journeys and product tests as well as the development of campaign reporting.
- Support ongoing initiatives to further improve levels of data quality
- Support the implementation, delivery and roll-out of new technologies that will further enhance our data capability.
You have a passion for data and supporter experience and are looking to fast-track your experience in data, marketing and technology. You would like an exciting and challenging role that is central to the success of supporter engagement and retention. This is a varied post in a large and extremely ambitious organisation, working across multiple products and with multiple stakeholders.
To succeed you will be capable of demonstrating:
- Experience writing logical queries to extract data from relational databases
- Excellent communication skills and superb attention to detail
- Proven ability to problem solve
- An enthusiasm to learn and a strong sense of initiative
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th August 2019