Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Data Import and Integrity Executive and become part of a dedicated team that manages the timely transfer of supporter data onto our supporter database, CARENG.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Data Import and Integrity Executive you will manage the process of uploading data onto the CARENG database so that all supporter transactions, contact details, preferences and other data are continually updated and always accurate. You will support the development of robust processes that drive improvements in data integrity, ensuring improved reliability of the data held on CARENG. You will work with key suppliers and internal account managers to ensure they deliver the services promised. In addition you will:
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, e.g. true and proper capture of Data Protection preferences and the correct capture of Gift Aid Declarations
- Support the development of the CARENG database to meet the continually evolving needs of the user
- Supporting the development of processes for new products including: sense-checking Import briefs, scoping out requirements and devising processes for the accurate and timely import of data to meet both fundraiser and supporter expectations
- Ensuring all business rules and processes, including user guides, are thoroughly documented and signed off by the business.
To be successful you will be a strong and collaborative team player with a good knowledge of using relational databases. You will be experienced in managing, developing and communicating data protocols, file transfer arrangements and data integrity. You will have strong numeric and verbal reasoning skills with a thorough attention to detail and the ability to deliver innovative and effective solutions to problems. In addition you will have:
- Good time management skills, especially when balancing routine work with more complex projects
- Experience using the CARENG database and Talend software (desirable)
- Expertise in managing large scale imports
- Confidence using SQL
- Confidence using MS Access.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd December 2019