12 month fixed term contract
We are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative individual to join our multi-disciplinary Creative Studio at Save the Children UK. As one of our in-house Designers you will be responsible for researching, problem solving, conceptualizing, and designing content to brief that responds to the insight and data provided and meets the set objectives.
Save the Children exists to help every child reach their full potential. In more than 100 countries including the UK, we make sure children stay safe, healthy and keep learning. We find new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they're growing up. For a century, we've stood up for children's rights and made sure their voices are heard. Together with children, supporters and partners, we're determined to help every child become who they want to be.
The role sits in the Brand and Creative team in the Fundraising and Marketing Division, and our purpose is to inspire, motivate and mobilise both existing and new supporters, to create positive change for children.
As a Designer you will generate inspiring and appropriate design solutions for print and online audiences within agreed budgets and to deadlines negotiated with project staff. In addition you will:
• Act as a brand guardian always ensuring the integrity of our UK brand identity.
• Set standards for content production in design discipline, ensuring that freelancers meet these standards, and providing technical advice to squads as requested
• Build and maintain healthy relationships with your team, stakeholders and the wider organisation through a positive and proactive approach.
• Have an active interest in visual culture.
To be successful you will have a degree or equivalent experience in visual communication with significant experience of working professionally producing visual design for integrated projects across both print and digital platforms. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, excellent artworking and typography skills are essential. In addition you will also have:
• Knowledge of After Effects or Adobe Edge
• Significant experience of producing content for print and digital platforms, gained in an agency or an established in-house creative team
• Experience of working in partnership with external suppliers
• Possess a varied, high quality portfolio of work, which demonstrates the ability to:
• Create content in accordance with a set of brand guidelines
• Conceptualise and communicate ideas effectively and originally
• Analyse and interpret briefs creatively
• Create content for on and off line channels
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 16th August 2020