The job of a Save the Children's UK Digital Development Lead is strategic and creative.
- Do you have extensive experience of taking digital propositions to market and continuously improving them?
- Do you have experience of being a Product Owner role in an agile development process?
- Do you have experience of delivering large projects and of working in agile to deliver digital products?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
We are Save the Children. Together we fight for children every single day so that they can make their mark on the world and build a better future.
We stand side by side with children in the toughest places to be a child. We do whatever it takes to make sure they survive, get protection when they’re in danger, and have the chance to learn.
In the Marketing Delivery Department, we set the standard for brilliantly effective marketing across owned, and bought and earned channels, working closely with colleagues in Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns. Working in squads with colleagues across Fundraising & Marketing, we deliver campaigns in line with our marketing plan that build awareness, change minds and opinions, prompt people to act, and build deep relationships with supporters.
The Digital Experience team create and maintain valuable digital experiences which drive support for our cause.
We are a specialist team made up of digital content, UX, digital design and optimisation specialists who:
- Provide expertise for via embedded members in mass marketing squads and provide expertise to the wider F&M division and organisation.
- Develop and maintain owned channels
- Understand our audience and its needs
- Are a driver for consistent brand-driven communications and data driven decision making.
Reporting into the Head of Digital experience, the purpose of the Digital Development Lead is to help produce an outstanding digital supporter experience and increased conversions by leading a multi-disciplinary squad of developers and QA testers as Product Owner for SCUK’s main website, and as Product Specialist for our shop’s site and any test sites that may be developed. You will ensure that the team is always focussed on delivering value for the business, is efficient, and outward facing to the needs of supporters and stakeholders across the division and beyond. You will be an expert in stakeholder management, building strong relationships and proactively championing technology in a marketing context.
The Digital Development Lead’s key duties will include:
- Lead the design and development of new features, products from contributing to business vision through to delivery and ongoing improvements.
- Be an expert in our Adobe Experience Manager platform from a business perspective, proactively building a strong relationship with Adobe and other in-house Adobe product owners (Target, Analytics and Campaign) to achieve maximum value from our marketing stack.
- Lead on the efficient management, prioritisation, progress and delivery of the digital development roadmap.
- Ensure progress and business value of backlog and roadmap is regularly and widely communicated amongst stakeholders.
- Recommend, win buy-in, plan and deliver enhancements and ensure they have clear metrics of success and deliver evaluations of performance against them.
- Work with functional leads to secure the resources needed to deliver on the objectives, including in Marketing Delivery, Supporter Data and Operations and Information Systems. (IT)
- Support squad members to autonomously complete squad deliverables in a way that leads to maximum impact towards the squad objectives
- Working closely with a Scrum Master and squad members to clarify the exact requirements
- Proactively resolving or escalating issues to remove obstacles
- Making decisions on whether squad deliverables are complete
- Lead discovery workshops and processes to set product/feature requirements when required.
- Actively add value to the wider technology needs and ambitions of the division and wider organisation via expert advice and embedding external learnings by keeping up to date about digital technology and marketing trends.
- Lead on third party agencies/consultants when product/feature design and/or development is outsourced.
- Work closely with other colleagues in Digital Experience to ensure the effective maintenance and development of our websites.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Adobe Marketing Cloud.
- Support and deputise for the Head of Digital Experience on marketing technology issues
- Substantial experience of taking digital propositions to market and iteratively improving them.
- Substantial experience of delivering large projects in a complex, fast moving environment.
- Substantial experience of working in agile to deliver digital products
- Substantial experience of assessing and communicating business value, and proactively managing a live backlog attuned to changing priorities.
- Experience of scoping and delivering new features
- Experience of Product Owner role in agile development process.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems and data analytics packages.
- Influential, with the ability to drive ideas and concepts and champion these up to Director level and to teams outside of your own
- Strong networking skills and ability to build good working relationships both internally and externally.
- A first-class communicator who can champion digital and technology transformation to a non-technical audience
- A team player. Someone who is open and who is able and willing to deliver beyond their personal brief
- Knowledge of new digital marketing trends and emerging technologies
- Passion for new forms of technology and digital activities
- Resilience, enthusiasm, energy, and drive with a commitment to Save the Children’s vision and values.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.