We are looking for a Digital Experience Specialist to deliver outstanding supporter journeys by ensuring our digital experience is relevant and personalised to users and that digital products/campaigns are designed, built and delivered to best practice UX principles.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Digital Experience Specialist you will play a key role in optimising and maintaining our website platform as well as supporting the development, delivery and optimisation of best-in-class user journeys across all digital marketing channels to meet user and business goals. In addition you will:
- Learn, share and act on supporter, UX and content insight pertinent to the success of Save the Children websites and overall digital user journeys.
- Evangelise and train colleagues on best practice SEO and User Experience principles.
- Work within agile multi-disciplinary team to deliver integrated and effective marketing communications as a user experience/digital content specialist.
- Use customer insight to scope and shape user experience enhancements and new functionality on Save the Children websites.
- Use analytics tools to measure the effectiveness/and optimise web content, on-site and wider customer journeys.
- Ensure all web content and platform is SEO optimised, on brand and meets best-practice.
- Develop and maintain our donation forms engine, becoming the in-house expert from the front-end experience all the way through to back end systems.
- To be an expert in the use of our CMS and train colleagues on its best practice use.
- Develop new content and work closely with other colleagues to develop new features and experiences which deepen engagement and drive conversion.
To be successful you will have significant experience of digital content production and content management systems for consumer/public-facing websites, a demonstrable expertise in digital experience space, project management and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and innovate. In addition you will have:
- A sound understanding of SEO and user experience optimisation.
- Proven experience of using data to inform decision making.
- Excellent digital marketing copywriting skills.
- Proven understanding of how audiences’ impact on the development and evaluation of marketing.
- Proven ability to thrive in ambiguity.
- Proven ability to work autonomously.
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of working with media agencies and third-party suppliers.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
Closing date: 5th September 2019