Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Digital Technical Lead on our digital platform(s) and be responsible for ensuring they are architected, configured and developed in line with recognised best practices.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don't rest until the work is done.
As Digital Technical Lead you will have major influence in future technical decisions in the digital landscape on Save the Children. You will design & build well architected digital web-based solutions, enhancements and configurations to meet business needs according to agreed project and development plans. Line management of front and back end developers is essential, providing them with support, guidance and inspiration. In addition you will:
• Work with the Technology Department to ensure full integration of Application, DevOps & Technical Support
• Work closely with the Test Function and DevOps on any upgrades and developments to ensure live operations are safeguarded
• Assist with Cloud platform development and associated technologies
• Translating business requirements to technical solutions ensuring Save the Children UK is at the cutting edge in an “always on” world.
To be successful you will experience of developing online or multi-channel transactional applications as well as extensive web development experience across Front or Back End development. An ability to understand, interpret and challenge business requirements and translate these into a developed solution is also essential. In addition you will have:
• Good experience of development automation tools and concepts – test, build and release
• Scrum experience of working within a continuous and iterative delivery cycle
• Extensive experience leading projects on the AEM Adobe Experience Manager / Adobe CQ platform including the full software lifecycle of site planning, template design, custom component development, end to end testing, and deployment
• Excellent experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: 7th June 2020