Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Director of Supporter Data and Operations and lead our drive for public engagement, satisfaction and retention through defining and delivering the use of data, systems and technology.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Director of Supporter Data and Operations you will provide excellent supporter data leadership, transforming us into a more data-driven organisation by directing data operations, planning, analysis and systems for the Fundraising & Marketing and Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns departments. You will lead the multi-million pound programme to completely replace Save the Children’s current CRM system, maximizing the value of the public’s interactions with us when they get in contact by improving our response process. Additionally, you will:
- Oversee the administration of our legacy income, managing any reputational risks that may arise from contentious cases
- Take a leadership role for the Division on continuous improvement and process development, implementing a consistent and effective approach to continuous improvement
- Develop a high performing team of trusted experts in their respective fields
- Actively contribute as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in Fundraising and Marketing, to deliver our Supporter and Corporate Strategies more broadly.
To be successful you will be flexible, tenacious and results driven with proven leadership experience in using data driven decision-making for marketing in the charity, public or private sector at a similar scale to Save the Children UK. A team player, you will have demonstrable experience of leadership of data system change programmes, including the introduction of a new CRM system within an organisation of similar scale. You will have leading edge digital experience, including deployment of new technology platforms and experience of managing a team of technical experts where you may not have direct technical experience yourself. In addition you will have:
- Significant knowledge and experience of supporting operational teams to deliver through matrixed structures such as squads or multi-disciplinary marketing teams
- Team leadership skills, with proven experience of inspiring and improving the performance of a large and diverse team of specialists delivering through a complex matrix structure
- Significant experience and skills in performance improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma to deliver cost reductions and/or effectiveness gains
- Knowledge and experience of the compliance environment for charity marketing.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 22nd December 2019