9 month fixed term contract
Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as an Emergency Health Unit Primary Health Team Logistics Manager and provide logistics expertise and leadership to the deployment of one of the Primary Health Team modules.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Logistics Manager you will provide expertise on the appropriate preparedness and prioritisation of the supply chain and set-up for one of the Emergency Health Unit Primary Health Teams. These consist of the primary health clinic, a diarrheal disease module and a mass vaccination module. You will provide guidance and support to the MedLog on the medical and pharmaceutical supply chain, identifying, training and supervising relevant local and national staff. You will be prepared for an urgent deployment within 72 hours for up to 120 days to provide logistic leadership. In addition you will:
- Facilitate a shared logistics/supply chain work-plan for the team with clear ways of working and communication beyond the team
- Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring strong unit structure, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance – both on and off deployment
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Emergency Health Unit supply chain and preparedness
- Monitor supply chain expenditure, contributing to the budget development for future grant proposals in support of the strategic development of the EHU when requested
- Be very familiar with the entire existing EHU supply chain capacity and range of options and resources available to support an EHU deployment.
To be successful you will have excellent planning, management and coordination skills with experience in all technical areas of supply chain operations. You will have significant in large disaster responses and medical supply chain management, with a good understanding of best practices of managing a health facility. In addition you will have:
- Experience of developing and implementing a complex domestic, regional and international supply chain to support large emergency programmes, and coordinating resources to meet the programme objectives
- Proficient numerical skills with the ability to manage an operational logistics budget
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, with the ability to build relationships quickly
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure and resources.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 9th December 2019