Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as an Executive Assistant and Portfolio Officer. You will provide excellent support, guidance and coordination for the Executive Director of Transformation, and will also play a key role in the tracking and that our cross-organisation portfolio of transformation projects.
At Save the Children, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don't rest until the work is done.
As Executive Assistant / Transformation Portfolio Officer you will provide a comprehensive support service to the Executive Director of Transformation, including the proactive management of the diary, prioritising and drafting of emails and other correspondence. You will also contribute across the SCUK change portfolio enabling the organisation to operate good practice portfolio management processes, and to deliver the required governance and reporting commitments. In addition, you will:
- Proactively follow up with senior leaders, project managers and others on actions activated by the Executive Director ensuring they are completed, and key information recorded
- Use judgement and knowledge to answer queries without asking the Director and delegate actions others when necessary
- Maintain the portfolio risk register, following up actions as required across all areas of SCUK, to ensure all project and portfolio risks are appropriately assessed and managed
- Undertake specific analysis or project work (including external research and information collection) to support successful delivery of the portfolio.
To be successful you will be an excellent communicator with strong organisation and administration skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work for self and others. Significant senior PA/EA experience in a corporate head office environment or INGO would be an advantage; as would familiarity with the role of Project / Programme / Portfolio Officer.
As well as a high level of computer literacy, you will also have:
- The ability to meet changing and challenging deadlines while maintaining a rigorous attention to detail
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify key points from complex material or information
- Numerate and the ability to monitor financial information.
Initially, the split between Executive Assistant and Portfolio Officer is envisaged to be approximately 40:60, but this may change.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 24th March 2020