Full time / Part time - To be confirmed
We are looking for an energetic and organised Executive Assistant to join us on a 12 month maternity cover to support the incoming CEO of Save the Children UK by managing their time, diary and priorities, liaising with multiple internal and external players using judgement and authority.
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
The CEO’s office sits at the heart of organisation and is frequently the first point of contact for numerous individuals and organisations around the world. It’s a dynamic and exciting place to work.
This is an amazing opportunity for a talented EA to support a high profile CEO by providing a comprehensive package of proactive high level support – from managing the prioritisation and delegation of time and tasks through to leading on the compiling of briefing materials and presentations for internal and external meetings.
- Provide high-level support to the CEO to ensure their agenda, priorities and objectives are met – including strategic diary and inbox management;
- Support the CEO to produce internal and external communications;
- Manage the CEO’s briefings, commissioning and coordinating information from colleagues across the organisation to ensure they are fully briefed for all meetings and travel;
- Lead the CEO’s UK and international programme visits and trips, working with colleagues across the world to ensure trip objectives are in line with priorities;
- Be an informed key contact for the CEO team and handle internal and external enquiries in a professional manner liaising with key contacts across corporate, political, media, NGO and other networks.
To be successful in this role, experience of high level inbox, calendar and/or project management in support of a CEO or equivalent is desired. We are also looking for:
- A fast learner and problem solver with the ability to own, organise and prioritise multiple tasks efficiently, manage reactive and proactive requests from a range of colleagues, and deliver tasks to tight deadlines;
- Excellent written skills, with the ability to communicate clearly; and strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a wide range of stakeholders with professionalism;
- Energy and creativity, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team;
- Experience of high level inbox, calendar and/or project management in support of a CEO or equivalent;
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information.
The role reports to the Chief of Staff in the CEO’s office and joins a team of 3.
Closing date: 20th May
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and interviews may take place before the closing date.