Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Executive Director of Human Resources, leading the development and delivery of the people strategy to ensure Save the Children can deliver against its stated objectives.
Save the Children UK recognises the value of diversity in all its forms at all levels of the organisation, including at Director and Board level. We celebrate its role in the creation of an inclusive workplace culture and thrive on the range of experience and insight diversity brings to our organisation. We want to increase the diversity of our leadership and particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds, as these are underrepresented at Save the Children UK.
It is an exciting time to join the HR team at Save the Children UK. We have embarked on a significant departmental change to drive the delivery of first class service to our organisation. Our key focus is to deliver a more streamlined, efficient and consistent service that will enable the organisation to focus on its number one commitment; improving the lives of children around the world.
As Executive Director of Human Resources you will provide strategic and operational leadership to the HR function, positioning it as a key business partner with clear commercial value add. You will also act as the champion for cultural evolution and create alignment behind plans that enable SCUK to move to the next level in terms of environment and people capability. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Working in partnership with the CEO and operating as a trusted confidante and coach for the Executive Director Group and Corporate Senior Leadership Team.
- Work with the Director of Diversity and Inclusion to prioritise and agree action plans to ensure that HR priorities and resourcing are aligned with the D&I strategy.
- Rationalise and update HR policies and practices, creating a streamlined and operationally astute framework for people initiatives and development.
- Lead the redefinition of SCUK's Employee Value Proposition, creating a framework that enables the attraction and retention of best in class talent at all levels.
- Play a key role in delivery of the Global HR Strategy, forging strong relationships with Save the Children members to professionalise the HR Forum. Take an influential role within High Performing Organisation (a global priority) and the people priorities of the C2030 strategy.
To be successful you will have demonstrable, senior leadership and senior generalist HR experience gained in a large, complex organisation that has undergone significant change. Inherently people focused with a high level of emotional intelligence, you should have proven experience in the development and implementation of strategic and operational HR plans, with an emphasis on organisational design and culture. In additional you will have:
- A broad, extensive, generalist HR background including change management, organisational and management development, talent and performance management, reward and employee relations.
- A proven track record in leading client focused, results oriented HR teams with a strong customer and quality orientation.
- The person credibility and professional gravitas to influence, challenge and negotiate at Board level and across the senior leadership population, to build capacity within management teams.
- A demonstrable commitment to personal and professional development of self and the HR team.
- Operated in fast paced, highly agile environments and be experienced in balancing a drive for results with people centricity.
Please note - whilst this role is advertised as office based, Save the Children UK will remain a remote-working organisation until at least 30 June 2021.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing date: Wednesday 25th November