Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Then join us as Finance Officer – Recharges, ensuring the delivery of a well-controlled, efficient and effective service covering the accurate and timely posting of all recharges of staff and other costs to the appropriate budgets/awards, including recurring recharges to SCI or invoicing to third parties.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Finance Officer you will work with the Finance Business Partners to ensure that payments and billings are appropriately coded and recharged in a timely manner. You will also ensure that all donated services to SCI are recharged and accounted for in a timely and appropriate manner. In addition you will:
- Work with the Finance Business Partners, HR and Payroll to ensure staff deployment/support time is accurately documented and recharged in a timely manner
- Manage and process the monthly charging of Indirect Cost Recovery (ICR) to awards. This will be through both the Agresso auto charge process and for certain more complex awards through preparing and processing journals
- Prepare and process journals to ensure appropriate cost accounting across all awards
- Posting of month-end related journals including Accruals, Prepayments, Recharges and Recodes
- Identify areas where processes could be improved and take the lead in implementing relevant changes and streamlining existing processes.
To be successful you will be working towards a recognised accounting qualification (AAT, CIMA, ACCA) with experience of and ability to understand the interrelationship between different IT systems. Strong analytical skills are also essential as is the ability to identify financial issues/risks. You will also have good time-management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload. In addition you will have:
- Strong problem-solving skills to be able to respond to a wide range of queries and to develop robust procedures for control account reconciliation
- The ability to work independently with an energetic, flexible approach
- Good communications skills both verbally and written, with the ability to explain finance issues to non-finance colleagues
- Good organisation and administration skills, including filing and archiving
- The ability to work quickly and accurately, paying attention to detail to ensure that high volumes of transactions are correctly processed, especially under pressure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 21st July 2019