The job of a Save the Children UK’s Full Stack WordPress Developer is busy and rewarding.
- Are you an experienced Full Stack WordPress Developer who is available on very short notice?
- Are you great at solving complex issues through analysis and defining a clear way forward?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn’t just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Head of PMO, the Full Stack Word Press Developer will be responsible for ongoing development of our Resource Hub and Shops websites, both hosted in WordPress.
The Full Stack Word Press Developer will be expected to deliver enhancements and fix bugs that have already been listed in prioritised backlogs for each of the two respective websites.
This is a short-term contract role for 2.5 months with some potential to extend into 2022.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The role holder will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
The Full Stack Word Press Developer key duties will be to:
- Configure, design and develop enhancements/features, and fix bugs on multiple WordPress sites (including Ecommerce and resource hubs)
- Work in both of the product developments above, in close conjunction to the Lead Developer and Developers working within the Development Scrum
- Undertake/co-ordinate testing on any upgrades and developments to ensure live operations are safeguarded
- Assist with web development and associated technologies
- Develop proof of concept solutions and enhance iteratively to full production applications
- Excellent PHP and phpMyAdmin skills
- Excellent html and CSS skills
- Excellent experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Excellent ability to understand, interpret (and challenge) business requirements and translate these into a developed solution.
- A demonstrable commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and their practical application and integration in the work environment
- A commitment to Save the Children UK’s aims and core values of accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity, and integrity
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.