Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join Save the Children as Girls Education Challenge (GEC) Roving Finance Manager and provide support for the financial management and compliance requirements of our project grants.
In our UK and Global Programmes department, we fight for children every single day. We deliver humanitarian and development programmes. We build partnerships with institutional donors, including governments, multi-laterals and trusts. We drive lasting change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Roving Finance Manager you will coordinate the financial reporting requirements of the GEC programme to ensure accurate and timely reporting as well as compliance with donor requirements. You will work with COs, Regional Desks and the Global Programmes Finance Team to ensure that grants are efficiently and accurately set up and maintained. You will maintain internal donor financial reporting systems and budget revision tools, as well as supporting COs to use tools and systems for financial reporting. In addition you will:
- Ensure systems and processes are in place and understood by SCI and SCUK finance teams
- Ensure regional desks can monitor project spending and report back donors
- Review the quarterly forecasting, quarterly spend reports and variance explanations for all countries
- Prepare quarterly cash requests and quarterly financial reports for Ethiopia and Mozambique for upload to PWC Fund Management System
- Train COs Finance Teams and SCUK Regional Portfolio project leads in grant financial reporting requirements, systems and processes specific to GEC grants.
To be successful you will be an efficient problem-solver with solid understanding of financial and commercial principles and systems and the ability to relate this to the operational and technical aspects of projects. You will have experience of leading the development and/or management of large budgets (£1m+), as well as experience of working with colleagues based remotely and building staff capacity remotely and directly. In addition you will have:
- Experience of using and developing financial management systems and tools.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners
- Willingness to travel for assignments in fragile or conflict affected areas for substantial amounts of time
- Degree level qualifications in a financially focused discipline or demonstrable experience of financial analysis
- Experience of consortium/partnership development and/or management (desirable)
- Experience of contracts and grants involving results/milestone-based payment (desirable)
- French is desirable but not essential.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 16th October 2019