Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Digital Planning Manager at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is developing a globally integrated digital campaign based approach as well as growing our supporter giving through digital channels as main priorities in the current strategy.
This role sits within the Digital Public Engagement Team, an agile team, already working virtually before the pandemic, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets with a special focus on a list of key markets.
As the Global Digital Planner, you will have a busy and exciting role working with the Global Digital Engagement Team and across the key functions of campaigning and fundraising, as well as with member offices to identify priorities and ensure the team is able to meet and deliver best in class products and activities as a digital project planner and coordinator.
This is a great opportunity to build upon a range of skills and gain excellent experience and knowledge while working in an international and multicultural environment.
The post holder works collaboratively with other roles within the Comms and Engagement Department as well as the Transformation Delivery Department, members, regional and country offices.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years of direct experience in project management and using planning tools to be able to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Experience in the implementing digital engagement/fundraising programs with proven success records (ideally within an international NGO),
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects and activities across several markets for an international organisation.
- Exceptional written communication skills in English. High level of attention to detail. Copy proofreading experience.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilise people from diverse business areas, to deliver a coherent content strategy meeting multiple objectives
- Confident self-starter who can take the initiative to drive projects forward.
- Experience working home based
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across the organisation.Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- A willingness to travel to support relevant events as required
- Experience working with Agile systems/enviroments
- Basic knowledge and experience using graphic design tools
- Familiarity with Google/FB Ads console, email marketing tools and content management and systems.
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
We can offer circa £40,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.