Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the- Global Digital Web and Social Media Content Officer at Any existing Save the Children office location.
Reports to: Head of Digital Public Engagement
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The role will require an ability to work in a networked structure across functional and geographical boundaries.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least two years of experience managing websites, producing digital assets, developing multimedia content and setting up email campaigns.
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality, impact driven digital assets targeting B2C audiences.
- Exceptional written communication skills in English, with a proven ability to distil large amounts of information for B2C audiences; skills in other languages would be an advantage.
- Advance knowledge and experience using graphic design and video editing tools
- Experience using infographic and quiz makers
- High level of attention to detail. Copy proofreading experience.
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- A willingness to travel to support relevant events as required
- Experience working internationally in the INGO sector
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple demands and competing priorities, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
We can offer circa £ 30,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.