Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Head of Business Architecture and Analysis and lead our business analysis practise and work with the wider Save the Children movement in developing common systems and services.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Head of Business Architecture and Analysis you will lead a team of analysts and architects, playing a pivotal role in the development of business architecture and design of solutions to meet business needs. You will lead the business analysis practise in SCUK, driving positive, proactive engagement with the wider organisation. You will support the CIO to establish and lead a Technical Design Authority, as well as reviewing project proposals to assess and advise on the broad alignment with business architecture. In addition you will:
- Engage Application Development and Data teams in the conception, design and evolution of systems
- Work with Technology SLT to develop a framework that nurtures innovation
- Report to the CIO, work alongside our Head of Service Delivery, Head of Engineering, and Head of PMO to form an effective and coherent leadership team for our Technology Department
- Promote innovation, and spot opportunities to apply technology in our organisation, including in our programme delivery for children.
To be successful you will be a fantastic communicator with a proven background in leading, managing and motivating others, and driving change. You will have experience of supporting multiple projects at a time with competing priorities and challenges; a working knowledge of project management methodologies (including Agile experience) and experience of delivering project support through structured activities. In addition you will have:
- Proven track record of encouraging the personal and professional development of the team, alongside the ability to work independently under own initiative and make complex decisions of high impact
- Experience in requirements gathering and analysis, process design and improvement and information assurance and data security
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Excellent negotiation skills with internal and external parties
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 23rd September 2019