Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Head of Business Partners, this is an exciting new role in which you will work in close partnership with Executive Directors across SCUK to design, develop and deliver people plans to enable divisions to meet their strategic needs.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Head of Business Partners you will lead your team to play a critical role in the delivery of our new People & Culture Strategy, driving cultural change across the charity. You will provide proactive advice and coaching to senior management teams on people and organisational issues and implications of proposals and work in close partnership with HR Advisors aligned to divisions to ensure consistent HR Advice and guidance. In addition you will:
- Work in partnership with the HR Leadership Team to deliver the requirements of the organisation and People & Culture strategy
- Provide leadership to HRBP team and ER team that are providing specialist services ensuring that they understand Divisional service drivers and that they can turn the Divisional service vision into action
- Provide deep divisional insight on all people matters to inform divisional and organisational decisions
- Contribute to the development of all people related policies and regularly review the ongoing application and effectiveness of relevant policies.
To be successful you will be a Chartered / Fellow CIPD (or equivalent) with experience of using your senior people professional expertise to deliver long-term value to organisations and the profession. A seasoned HR professional you will be motivated by a desire to deliver impactful long-term change; combining strategic insight and people expertise to change the way organisations think about their people. In addition you will have:
- Great influencing, facilitation and communication skills and will be comfortable preparing and presenting reports and proposals for senior management/board groups
- Excellent leadership qualities, able to deliver through others, as well as strong people management skills to include coaching, developing and performance management of others
- strong and substantial HR experience of working with senior management in a range of contexts
- Excellent project and programme management skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 27th May 2020