The job of a Save the Children's UK Head of Creative Partnerships and New Business is varied and fulfilling.
- Are you looking for role as the Head of Creative Partnerships and New Business role where you can really make the difference?
- Do you want to lead on the identification, development, and engagement of creative partnerships to deliver the most effective and impactful humanitarian capacity strengthening & learning resource?
- Do you have Significant, strategic business development experience in a charitable and/or social enterprise on a comparable scale with ambitious financial targets?
- Do you have experience leading on the production of professional high-value fundraising and trading proposals with a good track record of success?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
As Head of Creative Partnerships and New Business you will oversee the implementation of the Academy's recently developed Growth strategy and continue to embed a team culture and develop strong ways of working across the new team and ensure clear and accountable governance mechanisms are in place. You will also work closely with other teams in SCUK, including Programme Partnerships as well as the New Business and Philanthropy team in the Fundraising department.
With the push for greater Localisation and ensuring the sector is able to respond effectively and efficiently in a crisis, this role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with significant strategic business development experience in a charitable and/or social enterprise as well as a passion and energy to work in pursuit of transforming humanitarian response globally.
This role will sit within the Humanitarian Leadership Academy (HLA), a newly formed team, following the merger of Academy and Humanitarian Capacity Building staff in 2020. The newly formed team combines digital learning platforms, creative learning content and design.
They are also responsible for the development and delivery of quality accredited capacity strengthening and learning in an exciting and innovative way that is both unique and unmatched anywhere across the sector. Capacity-strengthening and user-centred learning is, and will continue to be, of increasing importance - a key area to ensure the sector is able to respond effectively and efficiently to crises.
The new HLA enables SCUK to offer the most effective and impactful humanitarian capacity strengthening resource for both the Save the Children movement, the wider humanitarian sector and beyond.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Be accountable for the development and implementation of the creative partnerships and new business strategy identifying new partnerships and opportunities to diversify and grow the HLA's funding base based on agreed strategic direction of team, current learning solutions and emerging opportunities as well as meeting ambitious funding targets
- Be accountable for leading on new business activities for the Trading Subsidiary including developing and implementing a Go-To-Market Strategy for the Academy's platforms, products and services, and securing new opportunities to raise unrestricted income in line with the team's overall strategy
- Lead on the exploration of innovative funding mechanisms that allow donors to fund as part of a mutually beneficial arrangement for both the HLA and the donor
- Have oversight of the HLA's marketing & communications strategy and activities to increase the engagement of local, national, regional and global users, which the HLA can leverage to secure critical strategic partnerships and secure relevant resources including funding
- Advise on the organisation and delivery of major events and conferences for the HLA in collaboration with other Heads and members of the team to ensure a relevant profile is achieved and the HLA's credibility is grown and understood.
- Significant, strategic business development experience in a charitable and/or social enterprise on a comparable scale with ambitious financial target
- Extensive experience leading on the production of professional high-value fundraising and trading proposals with a good track record of success
- Market leading approach to progressive and innovative revenue generating initiatives and funding strategies
- Familiarity with the development and humanitarian funding environment with in-depth knowledge of the interests, compliance, and requirements of the major sectoral donors
- Demonstrable experience of managing multi-channel marketing & communications campaigns including email, social media, press and PR
- Highly effective in influencing, negotiating, and lobbying with the ability to build effective trust-based relationships and networks at senior levels.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: March 18,2021