The job of a Save the Children's UK Head of Marketing - Integrated Campaigns is varied and fulfilling.
- Do you have experience in leading large and complex customer/supporter centric marketing projects?
- Do you enjoy working within multi-disciplinary teams to deliver ambitious results?
- Do you have proven commercial acumen?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
As Head of Marketing - Integreated Campaigns you will play a pivotal role in enabling Save the Children's multi-disciplinary teams to deliver ambitious results. You will lead a Squad to deliver our new integrated campaign across a full range of audiences and activations, maximizing overall supporter value for Save the Children. You will help to build a loved a brand and develop deep connections with warm and cold audiences, ultimately allowing us to unlock a world of possibility for children in UK and around the world.
Offered as a 12 month Fixed term contract, this is an exciting opportunity to work due to the breadth of senior stakeholder influencing/collaboration required, initially across Fundraising and Marketing division, and then more broadly working through how our campaigns can integrated across the entire Save the Children organisation which includes our political campaigning work and our UK and global programming.
- Lead a supporter engagement Squad (currently Aware, Always On, Moments or Loyalty) to deliver sector leading supporter engagement, and drive the delivery of the organisation's ambitious brand, fundraising and campaigning targets
- Develop and hold a clear vision for what needs to be done to achieve the supporter engagement squad's objective(s), over a range of time horizons (e.g. a year, 90 days, 3 weeks), within the constraints of the Strategic Marketing Plan, the Comms Plan, and other planning and budgetary frameworks
- Be the champion of the supporter, using user research, testing, insight and analysis to embed understanding of supporter needs in to everything the squad delivers. Working with the other mass market squad leads ensure Save the Children provides a brilliant and consistent supporter experience.
- Liaise extensively with Strategic Marketing Planning, colleagues in Marketing Delivery, Campaigns and Organising and Proposition Leads to ensure this vision is aligned with the overall Supporter Engagement objectives and has stakeholder buy-in
- Work with functional leads to secure the resources needed to deliver on the objectives, including in Marketing Delivery, Supporter Data and Operations, Trading, Regional Engagement and Campaigns and Organising
- Own and manage squad deliverables aligned to this vision, that realises the squad objectives
- Support squad members to autonomously complete squad deliverables in a way that leads to maximum impact towards the squad and mission's objectives.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Significant experience in the delivery of marketing across a minimum of three of the following different media types (with a minimum of one being digital): Paid social, Display, PPC, TV, VOD, Press, Radio, OOH, Telemarketing, Direct Mail and Email
- Experience in marketing including developing marketing campaigns, data analysis and audience planning
- Project management experience with a proven ability to plan and manage activity that delivers complex projects on time and to budget
- Experience of effectively managing external partners, such as working with media agencies to plan, buy and optimise media, creative agencies and fulfilment agencies
- Experience of developing marketing assets to drive engagement and action
- Experience of developing engaging supporter journeys across channels to deepen engagement with supporters and drive further action
- Experience of managing budgets
- Strong numerical and critical thinking skills, specifically the ability to analyse complex data and translate it into tangible information for strategic decision making.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Proven leadership experience in data driven, multi-channel and multi-product marketing in the charity, public or private sector, including significant digital marketing experience
- Experience in leading large and complex customer/supporter centric marketing projects (or other equivalent and relevant projects) through matrixed structures such as squads or multi-disciplinary teams
- Practical knowledge of coaching tools in team management
- Proven commercial acumen and a demonstrable track record of improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrable experience of using insight and analysis to improve marketing performance
- Knowledge and experience of the compliance environment for charity marketing
- Knowledge and experience of delivering fundraising and/or campaigning products, campaigns and techniques.
- Correctly identifies needs and requirements of a wide range of stakeholders
- Delegates tasks to the squad based on defined rules of cooperation and conduct
- Supports squad's autonomy while simultaneously taking care to provide stakeholders with high value solutions
- Continuously verifies stated assumptions and reacts adequately to unforeseen situations
- Implements innovative solutions that increase the squad's impact
- Delivers agreed squad objectives and impact for children
- Develops collaboration between different functions to achieve the best results for SCUK
- Commitment to Save the Children's vision, mission, values and approach.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 30th May 2021