Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Head of Marketing, defining and maintaining the standards for excellent marketing delivery in Save the Children.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Head of Marketing, you will lead and develop a large team of brilliant marketers, who will deliver all of Save the Childrens mass marketing in engagement squads. You will be responsible for ensuring the supporter is at the heart of all of our marketing, using data analysis and insight to set direction of standards and best practice. Additionally, you will work closely with the Head of Marketing Planning to manage the day to day performance of our media agency. Other responsibilities will include:
- Develop a team of brilliant marketeers to enable Save the Children to fulfil its supporter engagement goals, supported by effective talent management
- Deliver effective and efficient owned & bought marketing to cold & warm audiences (including fundraising, campaigning, brand) in line with our overall strategic marketing plan through a resource pool of marketers deployed into squads
- Ensure the Marketing team have access to the right marketing technology to deliver outstanding marketing experiences to supporters
- Actively contribute as a member of Fundraising and Marketing’s extended leadership team to deliver Save the Children’s Supporter Strategy.
To be successful you will be a great collaborator, building strong relationships and cutting through boundaries, in a fast-moving and dynamic environment. You will have proven leadership experience in data driven, multi-channel and multi-product marketing including significant digital marketing experience. Flexible, tenacious and results driven, you will have excellent team leadership skills. In addition you should have:
- Significant knowledge and experience of delivering marketing through matrixed structures such as squads or multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven commercial acumen and a demonstrable track record of improving marketing effectiveness and efficiency
- Knowledge and experience of the compliance environment for charity marketing
- Demonstrable experience of implementing a customer/supporter centric marketing programme, across the whole supporter engagement cycle from awareness to retention
- First rate understanding of the wider marketing landscape, including trends and their implications for the charity sector.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 26th January 2020