We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Head of Partnership Development. You will lead a team of partnerships experts in building global partnerships, optimising both funding and influence, across a range of institutional partners, to help Save the Children achieve its breakthroughs for children.
The Partnership Development Team sits within Global Programmes in the Programme Partnerships Department. Our vision is that Save the Children has exceptional partnerships with multilateral and bilateral organisations, optimising funding and influence to deliver our shared aims for children. We seek to achieve this by::
- Holding the broad overview of the multi-faceted partnerships we manage on behalf of SCUK and the movement, and taking a long-term, global approach.
- Presenting compelling and consistent messages that clearly articulate the synergies between Save the Children’s goals and those of our partners.
- Providing partnership expertise in brokering both financial and non-financial relationships with institutions.
- Driving strategic external engagement at global, regional and local levels, both by actively engaging ourselves and by supporting a culture of external engagement across the global movement.
As Head of Partnership Development you will provide vision, strategic direction, leadership and support to the team in delivering the ambitious aims of Save the Children by creating conditions for realising the potential of institutional partnerships within Save the Children UK and the wider Save the Children movement. In addition you will:
- Ensure there are effective co-ordination mechanisms across Save the Children UK’s full suite of institutional partnerships, maximising synergies and leveraging expertise across all key Save the Children UK divisions and departments, Save the Children Members and Save the Children International
- Provide leadership to develop and motivate team members to sustain high performance, through effective challenge, prioritisation support, learning and development support, career planning and performance management
- As account lead for global partnerships set the tone of Save the Children’s movement wide approach to global relationships.
To be successful you will have a thorough understanding of international development issues and significant experience of developing relationships and managing strategic partnerships with institutional partner organisations including one of more of DFID, EU, World Bank or the UN. Educated to degree level or similar, you will have strong negotiation and influencing skills in relation to multiple stakeholder contexts and matrices. In addition you will have:
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross-organisationally within a large complex global organisation
- Proven experience of providing creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives that contribute towards partnership objectives
- Strong leadership behaviours including external orientation, situational agility, and partner focus
- The ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and with impact.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 8th December 2019