We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Head of Partnership Development. You will lead the team of senior partnership experts in building global partnerships, optimising both funding and influence, with institutional partners (eg World Bank, EU, UN, DfID) and large trusts and foundations (eg Comic Relief). You will play a pivotal leadership role in realising the ambitious aims of Save the Children.
As Head of Partnership Development you will provide vision, strategic direction, leadership and support to the team in delivering the ambitious aims of Save the Children. You will ensure the conditions exist for optimising the potential of institutional partnerships within Save the Children UK (SCUK) and the Save the Children global movement. In addition you will:
- Ensure there are effective co-ordination mechanisms across of the full portfolio institutional partnerships, maximising synergies and leveraging expertise across all key SCUK divisions and departments, and global Save the Children members, regional and country offices.
- Provide leadership to develop and motivate team members to sustain high performance, through effective challenge, prioritisation support, learning and development support, career planning and performance management
- As accountlead for global partnerships set the tone of Save the Children’s movement wide approach to global relationships.
To be successful you will have a thorough understanding of international development issues and significant experience of developing relationships and managing strategic partnerships with institutional partner organisations including one of more of DFID, EU, World Bank or the UN. Educated to degree level or similar, you will have strong negotiation and influencing skills in relation to multiple stakeholder contexts and matrices. In addition you will have:
- Experience of influencing and delivering results cross-organisationally within a large complex global organisation
- Proven experience of providing creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives that contribute towards partnership objectives
- Strong leadership behaviours including external orientation, situational agility, and partner focus
- The ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- An entrepreneurial, dynamic, and proactive approach and be willing to deliver beyond your personal brief.
- Exceptional team and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and with impact.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 4th January 2018