We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as Head of People and Organisation Development. In this vital role, you will define and implement the people and organisational development strategy and plan which is aligned with and will facilitate the delivery of SCUK strategic plan and priorities.
Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Head of People and Organisation Development you will lead the development and implementation of the people and organizational development strategy and plan which will fully embed our new employee value proposition and the associated long-term change plan to make it a lived experience for all new and current staff. In addition you will:
- Provide specialist expertise to the HR Director and Executive Leadership Team in the development of the organisations culture, leadership development, performance management and employee engagement
- Lead the development and implementation of the talent management framework and define the associated leadership and management development approach to ensure future leadership and management pipelines
- Build and foster relationships with senior leaders to gain support for plans and initiatives plus colleagues in Save the Children International and the wider movement to enable the adoption of good practice
- As a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team, influence and shape the development of the HR strategy
- As a member of the Corporate Senior Leadership Team influence and shape our strategic choices, communications and actions to our staff.
To be successful you will have a proven track record of strategic perspective and thought leadership in L&D or OD discipline. Driven, passionate and highly motivated, you will have experience of developing and implementing strategy, translating strategic thinking into operational actions. You will also be an experience people manager and leader with proven ability to deliver results through others. In addition you will:
- Be CIPD qualified and/or have equivalent organizational development qualification or equivalent experience
- Have significant experience of designing, implementing, and managing change programmes, leadership & learning programmes, organisational design and development and employee engagement at pace and scale
- Have strong relationship management capability with multiple stakeholders
- Have an understanding of how to align staff to business strategy through clear and compelling communications
- Be confident to challenge the status quo and be a positive disruptor to drive organizational behavioural change.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 4th February 2018