Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as Head of Product and take charge of the product strategy for Save The Children’s retail channels.
In our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications department, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Head of Product you will help to develop, implement and review the Trading strategy, maintaining up to date knowledge of the marketplace, competitors and trends. You will develop strategies for e-commerce and bought-in goods for the Trading department, leading, developing and inspiring the product team. You will also support the Retail Buyer by providing clear direction on bought-in goods strategy, and collaborate closely with the Head of Retail Development to ensure the right retail propositions receive the right support in the shape of any product sent to shops. In addition you will:
- Consistently monitor and evaluate opportunities for how stock is distributed amongst the retail network
- Review logistics arrangements for stock cascade across the retail network to ensure maximum return
- Lead, develop and inspire the product team, providing clear direction and all-round support with their training and development
- Work with the Finance Business Partner to analyse performance, forecast spend and budget.
To be successful you will have excellent leadership and influencing skills, with proven project management experience and the ability to work under pressure. You will have strong negotiating skills, as well as proven success in managing and developing a complex, multi-functional team to meet the evolving needs of the business. Additionally you will have:
- Excellent planning and communication skills to bring together divergent interests and skillsets
- Good IT literacy and good working knowledge of critical path programmes
- A commercial focus and approach to Charity retailing, with strong entrepreneurial skills
- A passion for charity retail and appreciation of working with volunteers
Save the Children shops are vibrant community hubs with children at their heart. Providing welcoming spaces where communities come together to create a home for loved products and a place to share ideas. Where we tell children’s stories and listen to their voices and we act in their spirit – with generosity, creativity and kindness. Where every decision you make helps unlock a child’s potential. Together, shops, donors and volunteers help build a brighter future.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 26th January 2020