Do you want to play a key role in an organisation that stands up for children? Then join us as Head of UK Impact and Investment, driving Save the Children’s Partnerships & Philanthropy and our cross organisational innovation strategy, across a variety of markets, including the UK.
About the Role
As Head of UK Impact Investment, Partnerships and Philanthropy you will be responsible for identifying and executing a £10million + portfolio of investment for new products in addition to delivering £10million per annum from more traditional forms of philanthropy.
You will also play a key leadership role in delivering our future innovation and impact investment strategy across a variety of markets, including the UK; helping Save the Children in facing 3 key strategic challenges: raising new unrestricted income; attracting new funding for our programmes (restricted income) and finding new impact for children through new partnerships and collaboration.
In addition to the above, you will:
- Lead all parts of the cycle from development of the innovation model to taking a new product to market and securing philanthropic capital, with an active pipeline of £10million in development for 2021
- Be a lead member in our Innovation cross organisational working group, with accountability to drive forward and pilot at least one new business model in 2021
- Be integral to the delivery of our strategy to build long lasting, highly engaged relationships with philanthropists leading, cultivating & stewarding, with on focus on 7 figure gifts & relationships
- Proactively set up external networks to enable best practice sharing with other INGOs, social enterprise, B-Corps, academia and others working in this space
- Work with the CEO’s office, trustees, and senior volunteers, to seek new opportunities and to help enhance or recognise our donor relationships.
To be successful you will have direct experience of working in both the private and philanthropy sectors as well as experience of working within a company to drive innovation approaches. You will also have excellent strategic thinking capability and highly developed influencing skills. In addition you will have:
- Extensive understanding of new financing models to drive impact, including outcome funds, results based financing, social finance
- Excellent knowledge of private sector approaches in developing countries and fragile states (e.g., shared value, philanthropy, and corporate responsibility)
- Experience of developing, networking & enhancing philanthropic relationships, at £5m+ giving levels, and demonstrable experience of high level stewardship
- Excellent written skills, including development of compelling communications for donors.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
For more information and to apply please visit our website.