Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as HR Business Partner, partnering proactively with senior managers across the organisation at a strategic level, identifying HR requirements and working with HR specialists to deliver what's needed.
It is an exciting time to join the HR team at Save the Children UK. We are embarking on a significant departmental change to drive the delivery of first class service to our organisation. Our key focus is to deliver a more streamlined, efficient and consistent service that will enable the organisation to focus on its number one commitment; improving the lives of children around the world. As a result we have created a number of new specialist roles within the HR team to drive forward the change within HR and the wider organisation, with a strong focus on improving our culture and supporting our people. Right now, we are looking for people who want to help build a leading HR function and establish a long-term approach to achieving these goals. So, if you want to join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in an organisation which fights for children every single day then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As HR Business Partner you will provide proactive advice and coaching to senior management teams on people and organisational issues and implications of proposals. You will also support the HR Leadership Team to contribute to the delivery of the organisation's People and Culture Strategy, providing divisional and organisational insight into how the strategy is deployed to establish a long-term approach to improving our culture and supporting our people. In addition you will:
• Work with divisional leadership teams to create, develop and deliver People Plans that meet their strategic needs
• Support the HR Leadership Team to deliver the requirements of the organisation and People & Culture strategy
• Provide project management support to the HR specialist teams ensuring that they understand Divisional service drivers and that they can turn the Divisional service vision into action
• Contribute to the development of all people related policies and undertake research & development of innovative best practice HR services, policies and principles.
To be successful you will have a strong background in HR, with experience of using your people expertise to deliver long-term value. Evidence of managing change arising from significant changes to business practices, behaviours and attitudes is essential as is experience of HR planning. In addition you will have:
• Excellent influencing, facilitation and communication skills and be comfortable preparing and presenting reports and proposals to senior management/board groups
• Excellent leadership qualities, with an emphasis on delivering through others, and evidence of coaching, developing and performance management of others
• Strong project and programme management skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 11th October 2020