Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day?Then join us as HR Officer to be the first point of contact for HR services for employees and managers, providing information and guidance on core HR policy and process.
It is an exciting time to join the HR team at Save the Children UK. We are embarking on a significant departmental change to drive the delivery of first class service to our organisation. Our key focus is to deliver a more streamlined, efficient and consistent service that will enable the organisation to focus on its number one commitment; improving the lives of children around the world. As a result we have created a number of new specialist roles within the HR team to drive forward the change within HR and the wider organisation, with a strong focus on improving our culture and supporting our people. Right now, we are looking for people who want to help build a leading HR function and establish a long-term approach to achieving these goals. So, if you want to join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in an organisation which fights for children every single day then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The role of HR Officer is a customer-focused and multi-functional role providing an effective transactional service across the areas of recruitment, onboarding and post-employment support such as learning and development and contractual changes. You will be expected to build and maintain relationships with service managers and other customers as well as the wider HR community and you will think creatively to resolve manager and customer queries. In addition you will:
• Ensure the delivery of high quality, customer focused services in line with established SLAs and KPIs
• Provide a responsive transaction processing facility for all HR transactional activity, working flexibly across systems and specialisms in an efficient, effective and customer-focused manner
• Provide advice and guidance to customers in line with HR policy and procedures, HR best practice and legislative requirements
• Provide a responsive recruitment administration service reflecting high standards of customer service in line with recruitment policy and process
• Ensure that changes to employment arrangements are progressed to quality and time in line with SCUK HR policy
• Provide a responsive Learning and Development administration service reflecting high standards of customer service in line with Learning and Development policy.
To be successfulyou will have excellent knowledge of professional HR practice and procedure gained through practical experience and application or as part of a recognised course of study (e.g. part qualified CIPD or equivalent). Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to understand and resolve complex queries is also essential, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining 100% accuracy. This is a busy and varied role, and you should be able to work at pace to respond to customer requirements whilst balancing the need to deliver key priorities. In addition you will have:
• Experience in HR Processes and giving generalist advice on a range of operational HR services, through different channels including email, telephone and face to face
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to respond to written correspondence and queries
• working knowledge of employment legislation and its practical application
• Experience in delivering first level HR information and guidance in relation to HR policy and process.
• The ability to work comfortably with a range of different HR information and administration systems, databases and reporting tools in order to capture and retrieve data, store employment records and enable reporting.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 19th July