Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as HR Service Centre Manager, leading the development and delivery of the HR Service Centre, providing first level information advice and guidance on core HR policies, procedures and processes in order to meet organisational HR advice and processing needs.
In our Support Services department, we fight for children every single day. We provide leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation. We ensure our resources are used to maximum effect. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
Here at Save the Children, the HR team is going through an exciting period of change. As HR Service Centre Manager you will lead the team of HR Officers to deliver effective processing of HR transactions and first-level advice and guidance on policies and procedures. Additionally, you will own the Shared Service Centre strategy and have the opportunity to shape how the HR Service Centre works and to review and streamline our processes, looking at how we use technology and interact with managers to get things done. In addition you will:
• Deliver a broad range of HR transactions supported by a strongly customer service orientated multi-skilled team e.g. from contractual changes to onboarding of new starters
• Ensure delivery and communication of consistent best practice information, advice and guidance
• Regularly review Data/facts/MI to analyse the effectiveness of current HR Service Centre services and practices
• Manage the implementation of a range of projects, or components of larger projects in order to deliver organisational objectives as well as enabling appropriate changes in HR policy or practice to take place.
To be successful you will be a Chartered CIPD member (or equivalent) with multi-sector experience, specialising in HR Service Centre Delivery at management level. Evidence of HR Service Centre Strategy development and implementation to meet divisional requirements short, medium and long-term is also essential as are good project and programme management skills. You will also have experience of using your HR expertise to drive people change that impacts organisations. In addition you will have:
• Evidence of expertise in HR Shared Services to include practical application of business process re-engineering / lean & systems thinking
• Experience of using a range of technological solutions to deliver service improvements short, medium and long-term
• Experience working with and influencing a range of people professionals and other stakeholders
• A good understanding of a wide range of people practices and how they impact both each other and business practices; and of organisation strategy and external trends in the charity sector
• Evidence of operational management skills with the emphasis on delivering high quality, customer orientated, HRSSC services through a team of HR professionals to meet required SLAs and KPIs.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 6th September 2020