Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as HR Specialist, working with service managers to develop and deliver innovative, best practice HR solutions, to meet the organisation's objectives, promote the culture and values that foster a positive employee relations environment and ensure fair and respectful treatment of our employees.
It is an exciting time to join the HR team at Save the Children UK. We are embarking on a significant departmental change to drive the delivery of first class service to our organisation. Our key focus is to deliver a more streamlined, efficient and consistent service that will enable the organisation to focus on its number one commitment; improving the lives of children around the world. As a result we have created a number of new specialist roles within the HR team to drive forward the change within HR and the wider organisation, with a strong focus on improving our culture and supporting our people. Right now, we are looking for people who want to help build a leading HR function and establish a long-term approach to achieving these goals. So, if you want to join us on this exciting journey and play a key role in an organisation which fights for children every single day then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
As HR Specialist you will provide advice and guidance to the organisation in line with our policies, processes and HR best practice. You will partner with managers from across Save the Children to develop people solutions and recommendations to meet service needs, including international HR considerations where required. You will also proactively manage cases to resolve issues within reasonable timeframes, in line with employment legislation and provide guidance/coaching to service managers on managing people issues. Project management of HR Projects, including delivery of organisational People & Culture Strategy projects is also an essential part of this role. In addition you will:
• Proactively manage cases to resolve issues within reasonable timeframes, in line with employment legislation and providing guidance/coaching to service managers on managing people issues
• Partner with the Talent & Learning Development teams to develop and deliver bespoke workshops to upskill managers in the application of SCUK's HR policies, procedures and best practice
• Provide technical advice and guidance on all aspects of organisational change
• Design, develop and implement innovative HR policies and practices that meet organisation requirements, comply with legislation and contribute to the development of organisation and HR Strategy to include international HR considerations.
To be successful you will have a strong background in HR and expert knowledge of professional HR practice and procedure gained through significant operational delivery. The ability to think strategically and see the ‘bigger picture' is important to this role as well as the ability to understand how successful management of complex people issues influences organisation culture and enables delivery of strategic priorities. You will also have:
• Evidence of managing large and complex projects, with great planning, organising and prioritisation skills
• The ability to research, develop and implement HR policies and practices that drive delivery of organisation priorities
• Evidence of operational delivery skills with the emphasis on delivering high quality, customer orientated services to meet required SLAs and KPIs
• Technical expertise in ER case management to include complex change management (including TUPE) and an in-depth understanding and practical application of employment legislation and best practice.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note - we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may schedule interviews before the closing date.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 20th September 2020