We are looking for an Income Accounting and Controls Officer to join our Finance Operations team and help drive the quality, efficiency and accuracy of accounting, controls and processes.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children's lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As Income Accounting and Controls Officer you will ensure that finance processes are performed accurately, on a timely basis and are well documented and kept up to date. You will also develop and maintain an effective relationship with the Fundraising and other teams to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of income processing issues and queries. You will also:
- Maintain and ensure the full reconciliation of bank, control and intercompany accounts for SCUK and all its subsidiaries
- Identify areas where processes could be improved and take the lead in implementing relevant changes and streamlining existing processes
- Ensuring the accurate and timely posting of all transactions from interfaces (CARE & EPOS) into Agresso (Accounting system) and that any issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Monthly, ensure the accurate and timely posting of all expenditure, income and recharges in Agresso and liaising with Income Processing units, Business partnering and other finance teams (i.e. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable) that any issues are quickly identified and resolved
- Ensure intercompany balances are prepared and agreed for all entities monthly and are settled periodically. All queries are followed up with Business Partnering and entities
To be successful you will be a part-qualified accountant (AAT, CIMA, ACCA) or equivalent with extensive reconciliations experience, in particular working with large volumes of data. In addition, you will have:
- Ability to work independently with an energetic, flexible approach
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels and work co-operatively within a team setting
- Good time-management skills and ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Ability to work flexibly and co-operatively within a team, providing cover for colleagues as required
- Strong problem-solving skills to be able to respond to a wide range of queries and to develop robust procedures for control account reconciliation
- Experience of and ability to understand the interrelationship between different IT systems
- Strong Excel skills
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be escalated for resolution
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 6th February 2020