We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Information Security Specialist, helping to safeguard the organisation's information assets and systems by advising on our cyber security programme and new business initiatives involving the use of technology, updating and maintaining our Information Security Policy and relatedprocedures, standards, and guidance, and assisting in the management and investigation of cyber-security related incidents.
As Information Security Specialist you will work closely with our Legal & Compliance and Technology teams and be comfortable engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You will be responsible for reviewing our security frameworks, identifying potential and actual Information Security problems, and implementing mitigations to address them. You will also establish and validate cyber controls by developing and recommending improvements to the framework for controls and levels of access. In addition, you will:
- Maintain assurance over escalated system access by providing regular information, resources, and technical support
- Ensure authorised systems access, reporting violations, monitoring information requests for new systems and recommending process improvements
- Provide advice and sign-off for information security initiatives such as firewall rules
- Investigate security incidents in accordance with protocols, collaborating with response teams in Technology and Legal & Compliance.
To be successful you will hold a CISSP or CISM qualification and have experience working in a similar role. Driven to improve systems and processes, you will also be adept at providing subject matter expert advice on the delivery of technical projects. You should also have the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a variety of non-technical audiences. In addition, you will have:
- A sound understanding of core principles of network and server cloud architecture, Mobile Device Management, encryption, vulnerability scanning, and SIEM monitoring
- The ability to effectively influence senior leadership in strategic decision making
- An understanding of disaster recovery principles and an awareness of PCI-DSS legislation and standards
- The ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: Sunday 15th March 2020