The job of a Save the Children's UK Innovation Project Lead is exciting and rewarding.
- Are you an experienced innovator with solid commercial acumen?
- Are you confident in developing experiments utilizing your skills across a range of innovation methodologies?
- Are you an excellent communicator, who is excited to share learnings and engage stakeholders across SCUK, the wider movement and beyond?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Save the Children UK (SCUK) has a history steeped in innovative thinking and creative solutions, ambitious innovations which strive to change lives. Now, perhaps more than any other time in our last century, innovation has never been more important.
In 2021, SCUK set up a new, cross-organization innovation team (The Bubble), focused on developing and experimenting with solutions which have the potential to deliver both impact for children, and sustainable new business models. This role will drive forward the scoping, development, and testing of new commercial ventures at SCUK.
As an experienced innovator with solid commercial acumen, you'll be confident in developing experiments utilizing your skills across a range of innovation methodologies. An excellent communicator, you'll share learnings and engage stakeholders across SCUK, the wider movement and beyond.
This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic new team at Save the Children, committed to creating real, sustainable change for children.
As the Innovation Project Lead, you will identify and develop long-term innovative opportunities to feed into the innovation portfolio of work, ensuring a sharp focus on commercial potential and rapid progress from inception to validation in market. The Key duties will focus on:
- Forging excellent relationships with key stakeholders including Executive Directors, to drive direction of travel and commitment to innovation.
- Utilizing specialist innovation expertise in developing and delivering future iterative solutions which create a step-change in impact and income
- Leading, mentoring, and coaching multi-disciplinary teams, from across the organization and including external experts to create, test and deliver new experiments.
- Leading the development and testing of new concepts, including consideration of; audience needs, market trends, competitive environment, SCUK benefits, capability requirements, go-to market strategy and risks & issues and commercial projections and judgements.
- Role model an innovation culture, both within the core team and across the wider organization.
- Act as a catalyst to help create and embed a culture of innovation, bringing the outside in and establishing critical working practices to enable innovation to happen.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Strategic understanding of discontinuous innovation, different business models and innovation best practice
- Proven significant experience of transforming ideas, concepts and consumer insights into commercial opportunities and viable business ventures and of stretching the organization capability.
- Significant experience of creating digital experiences, and of taking new products and concepts to market, from inception to delivery
- Adept at leading and motivating of multi-disciplinary teams in high pressure situations, including leading sprints
- Proven ability to learn and adapt innovation methodologies and techniques in a variety of contexts
- Visionary – is passionate about innovation and can inspire, excite, and galvanize others
- Strong business acumen (across spectrum, from strategy to marketing to finance) and commercial mindset
- Ability to ‘sell' ideas to a variety of stakeholders
- Good communication, influencing, negotiation and relationship-building skills; ability to build consensus
- Entrepreneurial and innovative – ready to challenge status quo
- Ambitious; willing to set and meet high quality standards
The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely within the UK in line with UK Government guidance. Commencing July 2021 we will transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working (i.e. a mixture of remote/home and office-based working) as social distancing restrictions ease.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options at interview.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.