The job of a Save the Children's UK Senior Finance Business Partner is varied and fulfilling.
- Are you a qualified accountant (ACA or CIMA)?
- Do you have strong financial and commercial background?
- Do you have excellent relationship building and partnering skills?
- Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn't just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children's unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
As a Senior Finance Business Partner, you will support and drive your business areas to priorities their resources effectively by providing them with timely and accurate financial reporting, influencing strategic decision-making, and driving value for money. You'll produce high-quality financial analysis for fundraising teams, helping them to maximize their income and deliver against their targets.
The Senior Finance Business Partner will provide strategic and financial decision support to client areas to underpin strong financial performance. Key duties include:
- Providing strategic and financial decision support to assigned divisions and departments. Providing constructive challenge where necessary
- Providing financial and commercial insight and challenge to ensure best value for money and efficiencies
- Working with budget holders and their teams to understand the assigned divisions and department's activities and drivers of income and cost
- Developing the financial acumen of budget holders through constructive dialogue and discussion
- Lead development and provision of strategic and financial decision support to drive strong financial and commercial performance in assigned teams
- Lead design, development and review of complex business modelling to inform financial planning and investment decisions
- Expert finance lead on financial planning and performance management processes for assigned teams
- Partner with and influence the business areas in developing their strategy by providing financial and commercial insight and challenging to ensure best value for money
- Preparing, consolidating, presenting and uploading forecasts, budgets and longer-term financial plans, working together with business areas. Analysing, commenting on and challenging proposed plans throughout the process
- Improving the impact of financial reporting on organisational performance
- Qualified accountant ACA or CIMA
- Experience in the preparation of revenue budgets and forecasts as well as the analysis of variances between actual and budgeted/forecasted expenditure
- Experience of providing strategic and financial business partnering support to senior level employees
- Experience modelling financial scenarios and preparing high level documentation to aid decision-making
- Track record of developing the awareness of commercial issues facing an organisation
- Proven track-record of excellent stakeholder management
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyse and clearly present high volumes of data to influence decision making and challenge constructively.
- Ability to understand issues and present solutions clearly, succinctly and confidently
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and deliver to deadlines and respond at short notice to a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to deliver and remain calm and confident in rapidly changing and time-pressured environments
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly with colleagues, and to interact effectively at all levels and across all departments
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.