Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the International Market Development Lead in London or any existing Save the Children office location. There are two International Market Development Leads which are part of the Global Fundraising and Marketing Hub and are responsible for developing the global market portfolio for fundraising, with the aim of delivering on our global fundraising priorities agreed with and through the Fundrasing and Marketing Directors..
This role will work closely at FR and Marketing Director level to focus on building capacity and driving fundraising excellence by supporting priority markets and Members with either current high income, or high income potential that seek support and partnership from and with the Global Fundraising and Marketing Hub.
The International Market Lead is also responsible for supporting and promoting best practice and innovation across their portfolio of markets and in priority regions and will also have the opportunity to lead or support Global Priority Projects.
A university degree in business/marketing, social sciences or a related discipline and/or relevant work experience at the professional management level, with private sector fundraising experience in a not-for-profit organisation, or an international organisation, or a marketing/fundraising consultancy firm at an international level.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A strategic thinker with strong tactical skills and experience
- Significant marketing / fundraising experience with a proven track record of delivering high-income growth in at least two markets, and ideally at Fundraising or Marketing Director level.
- Proven expertise and up-to-date knowledge of global fundraising techniques, channels and products.
- Experience of a market start-up / fast growth phase for a fundraising or marketing operation.
- A strong understanding of the business infrastructure and leadership requirements of expanding organizations.
- A strong understanding of business and financial planning, budgeting and budget management.
- Good project management skills, and proven ability to devise and operate to contingency plans where necessary.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to analyse marketing and financial data and produce effective management information.
- Experience of managing teams, consultants and agencies.
- Experience of managing and working in cross-organisational working groups with strong co-ordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an open-minded attitude.
- The ability to influence and motivate others and to foster collaboration; to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures, and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
- Verbal and written fluency in English.
- The ability to travel. International travel will be required to carry out this role when virtual working and remote management is not optimal.
- Experience of living and working for extended periods in countries with different cultures
- The ability to work in a second language. Ideally, this would be a language from one of our Members
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.