We are looking for a security focussed IT Professional to join us as IT Security Analyst. You will conduct vulnerability assessments, monitor systems, networks and Web services for potential system breaches. You will research security trends and new methods and techniques used in unauthorised access of data to pre-empt and eliminate the possibility of a system breach. As well as technology specific training you will also be mentored by a qualified Information Security professional.
Working in more than 120 countries, we do whatever it takes to create breakthroughs in the way the world treats children. Our Support Services department provides leadership and direction in the business of running an efficient organisation and ensuring our resources are used to maximum effect. Together, we save children's lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
You will act as first line security event analyst, monitoring the Security Information and Event Management System whilst monitoring the alarm console, providing initial analysis of logs and network traffic and making security event determinations on alarm severity, escalation and response routing. You will deliver first level investigation and remediation activities as a member of the Security Incident Response Team and participate in Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) events. In addition you will:
- Conduct research and assessments of security events
- Provide analysis of firewall, IDS, anti-virus and other network sensor produced events and present findings as input to SIRT
- Participate in a Compliance/Vulnerability Assessment Scanning Capability, following a documented process for routine scanning of Inmarsat infrastructure and network elements
- Monitor threat and vulnerability news services for any relevant information that may impact installed infrastructure
- Help provide data protection and security guidance to the wider business.
To be successful in this role you will have a sound knowledge of IT security best practice, common attack types and detection or prevention methods and have an understanding of performing 1st level analysis and interpretation of information from SOC. With the ability to take a balanced pragmatic approach to decision making you will have strong attention to detail and be able to guide technical discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences. You will also have demonstrable experience of analysing and interpreting system, security and applications logs in order to diagnose faults and spot abnormal behaviours. In addition you will have:
- Experience using common network or security devices, such a routers, switches, hubs, firewalls or SIEMS
- Knowledge of information security frameworks including ISO 2700x, NIST and CESG advised best practice
- Knowledge of information security audit techniques, including management and testing of IT controls frameworks
- Experience in Tenable Network Security Nessus, BeyondTrust Retina or similar Vulnerability Assessment scanner operations for identifying network and platform risks and mis-configurations
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs are positioned within the salary structure on the basis of evaluation. New employees would normally be appointed at the bottom of the grade, however the appointed salary may also take into account the relevant experience a candidate brings to a role. Save the Children is committed to paying staff in a fair and equitable way and will benchmark all salary offers in line with the pay of existing staff.
Please note we will be interviewing on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications asap.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds, as these are underrepresented at Save the Children UK.