Do you want to play a key role in an organisation which stands up for children? Join us as a Learning Solutions Engineer for the Humanitarian Learning Academy and design and coordinate organisational learning solutions for humanitarian organisations based on their requirements.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Learning Solutions Engineer you will be responsible for gathering the business requirements of external humanitarian organisations in order to propose bespoke solutions from the Humanitarian Leadership Academy's portfolio of products and services, including the Organisational Learning Service and Learning Design Service. You will lead the team on the development of a practical monitoring, evaluation and impact measurement approach for our products, showcasing how the Academy’s services improve the effectiveness and impact of humanitarian response. In addition you will:
• Draft proposals and high- level designs in response to funding and client requests for our organisational solutions offer, supporting efforts to identify and cost viable options for generating income as needed.
• Work with the External Relations team to help identify potential partners, clients, funders and beneficiaries that could benefit from the Academy’s services
• Provide support and guidance to Network Partners and other key stakeholders in identifying organisational learning gaps and understanding the process from initial engagement to delivery of bespoke solutions.
To be successful you will be a flexible and proactive worker with significant experience in consulting and solutions design, specifically organisational development advisory and learning design. You’ll have extensive experience in product development of complex organisational solutions, preferably in the not-for-profit or humanitarian sector. You’ll demonstrate a proven understanding of learning and development theory and practice, alongside experience of monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of systems and products. Additionally, you will have:
• Experience in designing and delivering Organisational Development (OD) interventions such as large-scale system change, process implementation and leadership development
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to research, analyse and adapt material and proven report writing skills to suit different audience needs such as donors
• Experience of budget management and proposal development
• Digital literacy, including Microsoft office, Excel and collaboration platforms such as Microsoft Teams
• Knowledge of a second language (for example Spanish, French or Arabic) is desirable.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 27th May 2020