18 month fixed term contract
Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as Learning Technologist, supporting the planned expansion of our online and mobile learning offer, targeting humanitarians working on the frontlines of emergency response.
In our Humanitarian department, we fight for children every single day. We integrate emergency and development work, through our country programmes. We increase our capacity to meet the assistance and protection needs of children and their families affected by crises. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Learning Technologist you will be responsible for the development and delivery of quality, engaging online digital learning resources across the portfolio of specialist humanitarian training programmes, and giving advisory support to the broader Humanitarian Capacity Building team. You will also champion and apply emerging innovations in e-learning, and design, develop and measure the effectiveness of our online learning and development initiatives. In addition you will:
- Work with programme staff to define their content requirements and identify/develop appropriate and innovative digital solutions in line with adult learning principles and online learning pedagogie
- Implement new approaches to digital humanitarian learning, rooted in the principles of flexibility, open access, innovation, collaboration and participatory design
- Engage in research into, and develop an evidence-base for, innovative and effective technology enhanced learning in humanitarian contexts
- Build in-house skills that aim to embrace and exploit more fully the use of technology for capacity building.
To be successful you will have experience in an e-learning or learning technologist role with knowledge of current trends and practices in instructional design and technology-enhanced learning. You will bring experience, and innovative and creative ideas to the development and design of online and blended learning experiences. Adaptable, with a ‘can do’ attitude, you will have clear enthusiasm for online learning evidenced by an awareness of advances and key issues in the industry. In addition you will have:
- Expertise relating to pedagogical concepts, lesson/curriculum planning and instructional design
- Demonstrable experience of creating high quality, engaging and effective multimedia, interactive learning content
- A creative approach to learning design, with strong interest in innovation
- Demonstrated experience working with online learning standards SCORM, AICC, LTI and xAPI
- Experience of video creation and sound editing with strong visual design skills.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
If you share our belief in the power of children, join the fight. It takes relentless determination, creativity and a real commitment to real change. Because every child should be able to make their mark on their world, and help to build a better future. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 30th November 2019