Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? We are seeking an organised and proactive individual to join us as a Legacy Case Officer and help ensure that gifts in Wills are received in accordance with our supporters' wishes and in compliance with the law and Save the Children's legal obligations as a registered charity. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
As a Legacy Case Officer you will be responsible for managing a caseload of residuary, life interest and specific legacies with support from the Senior Legacy Case Managers, ensuring that these are dealt with efficiently and legacy income is optimised. Working with colleagues within the wider department, you will also contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to grow future income. In addition you will:
- Ensure that all open files are reviewed on regular basis to ensure that action is taken to optimise legacy income
- Accurate forecasting to allow effective planning of legacy income
- Correspond with bereaved relatives and executors in a sensitive manner and effectively explaining Save the Children's obligations as a registered charity
- Undertake projects that improve ways of working and execute new initiatives in legacy administration
To be successful in this role you will have knowledge and experience in either probate and estate administration or legacy administration. You will be pro-active and assertive when approaching tasks and challenges as well as have strong team skills to support the delivery of the overall team objectives and strategy. You will also have:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Broad knowledge of the legal and technical issues as they affect charity legacy administration including capital gains and inheritance tax calculations
- Strong written and verbal communications. The ability to effectively communicate with different audiences and accurately convey complex information in a clear way, coupled with the skill to speak confidently with senior colleagues within Save the Children.
The Institute of Legacy Management Certificate (CiCLA) qualification, part qualified legal professional or a high degree of competence obtained from working in the probate, trust or legacy environment
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 18th October 2020
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews may be scheduled before the closing date.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Please note - whilst this role is advertised as office based, Save The Children UK will remain a remote-working organisation until at least 30 June 2021.
We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds, as these are underrepresented at Save the Children UK.