We are currently recruiting for a Legal Counsel to join a high calibre team supporting the global organization.
In this role you will partner with our Supply Chain function which is currently undergoing a transformation to become more effective and efficient; with the ambition to build sector leading procurement capability. You will provide Legal advice on the transformation programme, including on the design and implementation of new IT systems, improve and create the required legal infrastructure, and identify and ensure compliance with relevant law and regulation.
In order to be successful you will bring:
- Strong knowledge and experience of corporate or commercial law, ideally with a focus on supply chain-related, or similar contracts;
- Good knowledge and experience of one or more of: UK company law, charities law, anti-fraud, terrorism, sanctions and/or bribery laws;
- Working knowledge of data protection and its application in a global organisation;
- The ability to build credibility quickly, and communicate with impact, including demonstrable experience of influencing at senior management level;
- Strong professional integrity and an ability to work with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy, tackling new areas with confidence;
We offer a competitive salary at £57Kpa. Benefits include 30 days annual leave and the company pension scheme.
Save the Children in a federated Membership based organization employing approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in 117 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.