We are looking for an experienced and committed individual to join us as MEAL Advisor, for a 9-month maternity cover. You will work to support and strengthen the generation, capture and use of robust evidence across all stages of the programme cycle.
Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-laterals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential.
As MEAL Advisor you will work in collaboration with your colleagues in the Impact, Innovation and Evidence team and thematic MEAL Advisors, to augment SCUK’s support to country offices to deliver high quality, innovative and impactful programmes. You will provide technical guidance and support to the adoption of SC quality standards across programme cycle management. In addition you will:
- Provide high quality technical assistance and training to country programmes in effectively designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation during programme development, design and implementation
- Augment MEAL thematic capacity to support Country Office teams in the development and implementation of robust MEAL systems
- Effectively manage progress on planned evaluation portfolio across Programmes Partnership and Quality
- Ensure key data and information from organizational reporting processes are disseminated appropriately and made easily accessible across the department and key stakeholders
- Provide oversight of our evidence repository ensuring its linked to the movement wide systems and staff can effectively engage with the data.
To be successful you will have a Master’s degree in International Development, NGO Management, research or equivalent. As well as being computer literate, you will have strong communication skills and the ability to analyse complex data and summarise it for a range of different audiences. In addition you will have:
- Significant knowledge and experience of designing and implementing MEAL frameworks across different thematic areas (preferably including Health but it isn’t a requirement)
- A good understanding of a range of methods and tools for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- The ability to promote change through collaboration, influencing, and the use of evidence
- Experience of project management and working remotely with Technical Advisors.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 25th March 2020